5 Tips in Stylish Low-Key Dressing, the Maine Mendoza Way
Maine Mendoza isn’t just an inspiring celebrity — she’s evolved as a style inspo as well! We’re so digging her stylish, low-key fashion sense that’s easy to recreate. Dressing like her is achievable with the right items inside your closet, and we’re here to break down those essentials. Make sure you’re armed with these five pieces to solve a fashion emergency, the Maine Mendoza way!
1. Wear black. It’s the most flattering color and anyone can wear it. This cropped, oversized sweater Maine’s wearing easily complements her graphic jeans. And yes, you can totally wear this with a skirt, shorts, slacks, and many more, too!
2. Mix things up with terno outfits. It’s okay to go with the trends! If an item is too loud for your taste, choose something not so overwhelming, like small florals or go pastel colors.
3. Details, details, details. Yes, Maine is in a classic top-and-jeans uniform. But what made this outfit look modish? Those floral prints. When picking out a piece of clothing, look out for unique and interesting details that make it stand out.
4. Invest in nice tops. You can repeat your bottoms, but tops will make the statement that you want to express. Consider the cut, color, and style, and be sure it speaks about your personality! Avoid t-shirts — remember, you’re out to impress!
5. Don’t forget add-ons every once in a while. If you’re the type who collects accessories but almost always forgets to wear them, here’s a tip: Wear ’em one at a time. Don’t feel obligated to wear a set — an nice pair of earrings can elevate your look from nah to nice!
Do you have any other low-key dressing techniques? Share it with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! And if you want to know more about Maine, we’re happy to announce that her book, Yup, I Am That Girl, is now available at alisters.com.ph! To order, just click here.