5 Kitchen Ingredients That Are Good for Your Skin
It’s easy to understand why natural is the trend in beauty, and why it should always be. Read up on the effects of chemical and artificial ingredients in your beauty products and you’ll be convinced that, despite its promised efficacy in a short period of time, it may be harmful in the long run. That’s why we’re big advocates in all things natural and organic. So we made a list of ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen that you can substitute in your usual skincare regimen and how you can use them. Are you ready to say hello to a more beautiful skin? (P.S. We’ve included some product recos, all infused with natural ingredients, from our A-List celebrities who also believe in this cause!)
1. Calamansi. Before you stir its juice for a refreshing drink, save a few pieces for whiter skin. This natural skin-bleaching ingredient can help improve the appearance of dark spots in the face and body, thanks to its high Vitamin C content. To use, just apply calamansi juice in affected area and leave for 15 to 20 minutes, then rise.
You might want to try these calamansi-infused soaps from Ara Mina’s Ara’s Secret skincare line:
2. Coffee. Your morning cup of joe doesn’t just rev you up for the day — your favorite drink is packed with lots of benefits! It contains powerful antioxidants that fights aging and protects skin from damaging free radicals, plus it can be used as an instant body scrub to slough off those dirt and dead skin cells! To use as mask, mix two tablespoons of plain yogurt and one tablespoon of ground coffee and apply to a clean face. Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing.
Perk up with these amazing coffee-infused products from Ara Mina’s Ara’s Secret, Jaycee Parker’s Yogo Coffee, and Shaina Magdayao’s Lunas Living Oils:
3. Malunggay. Since we discovered the many benefits of malunggay, we have it everywhere — in pan de sal, in all our soups and salads, and yes, even in skincare! With the many vitamins you’ll reap from a serving, it doesn’t only nourish your body, but your skin as well. Grind a handful of leaves on water to make a paste, apply on face for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse, for clear and glowing skin.
Treat your skin with malunggay-infused products from Rene Rose McHugh-Rodrigo’s Kana Kare Luxury Wellness and Shaina Magdayao’s Lunas Living Oils:
4. Coconut. This miracle-worker acts as an excellent moisturizer! It also has anti-bacterial properties to protect and maintain skin condition. Just spread coconut oil on your desired body part wherever your skin is feeling dry and itchy. Instant relief!
Keep you skin hydrated with coconut-infused products from Rene Rose McHugh-Rodrigo’s Kana Kare Luxury Wellness and Shaina Magdayao’s Lunas Living Oils:
5. Tea. It’s antioxidant-rich, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging, so gulping cup after cup is very beneficial for the body. To reduce the puffiness of the eyes, just place chilled used tea bags over your eyes.
Let your skin drink tea’s benefits with these tea-infused products from Rene Rose McHugh-Rodrigo’s Kana Kare Luxury Wellness:
What other kitchen ingredients do you use? Share it with us through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Oh, and to shop for more celebrity brands — from skincare to fashion, lifestyle to food — just check out alisters.com.ph.